Frequently Asked Questions
What are the options for purchasing?
Tickets for any of our shows may be purchased on our website, by calling (414) 242-8200, or by stopping at the Pabst or Riverside box offices during our normal operating hours. In addition, some artists may have official fan clubs that sell tickets to their fans before they go on sale to the general public. These are the only official ways to purchase tickets to Pabst Theater Group events.
How are seats selected for purchase?
- For most of our Reserved Seating events, you will be able to select your own tickets from the seating chart and decide based on available seats. When choosing your seats, please take note of the location of the stage. Sometimes online seat selection is determined by software that fills seats from front and center, and goes outward and then back row by row. Center sections are filled first, then side sections.
What is AXS Mobile ID?
What is AXS Mobile ID?
AXS Mobile ID is digital ticketing technology that provides the flexibility and convenience of safely and securely managing your tickets online or in the AXS mobile app. Using the AXS app allows you to enter the venue with your AXS Mobile ID and manage your tickets digitally. AXS Mobile ID also gives you the ability to transfer, sell and buy seats through an official resale marketplace endorsed by the Pabst Theater Group.
AXS Mobile ID allows for convenience, flexibility and security. You can manage tickets digitally, transfer or sell tickets when needed (if applicable), and remain assured that all tickets are authentic and secure. AXS Mobile ID is designed to put tickets in the hands of fans, reduce ticket scalping from unauthorized resale sites & ensure that we know who is coming to the show.
How do I create an AXS account?
When purchasing tickets, if you select AXS Mobile ID delivery, your tickets will be automatically added to your AXS account. If you do not currently have an AXS account you will be instructed to create one during your purchase. You can also create an account without purchasing tickets by going to AXS.com and entering some basic information. After completing the account information, you may buy, sell or manage any seats in your account.
How do I use my digital tickets?
1. Download the AXS app (your ticket confirmation email from AXS will have instructions for you to follow).
2. Open the AXS app and sign in to see your tickets.
3. Show the ticket in the app at the entrance and get them scanned to enter.
4. Enjoy the event!
If you purchased tickets for a group make sure everyone enters together OR transfer tickets to friends before the event. Have your guests follow the steps above to receive the transferred tickets.
What if my guests arrive at different times?
Many fans find it best to transfer the digital tickets to their guests prior to the event. This way your guests will be able to enter when they arrive using their own AXS Mobile ID.
Transferring your Tickets
A ticket transfer allows you to digitally give each guest in your party their own ticket via the AXS mobile app. With seat transfers, you no longer need to worry about delivering the paper tickets to them in advance or meeting them outside of the venue to walk in together. There is no fee for transferring seats and you are allowed unlimited transfers.
Your guests will need to create an AXS account to receive tickets. Guests can transfer the tickets back to you if they can’t attend or you can cancel the transfer if they have yet to set up their AXS account. If they already have an AXS account set up the tickets will go in their account automatically.
Here's how it works:
1. Click the Transfer button next to the event in your AXS account.
2. Select the tickets to transfer and enter the recipient's information.
3. On the review page, click the Transfer button to send the tickets.
The recipient will get an email about the transfer, and they’ll need to create an AXS account (if they don’t have one yet) to complete the ticket transfer. After that, the tickets will be theirs to use with the AXS app.
How will I know if my transfer was successful?
Review your transfer history within the AXS app by clicking on MY EVENTS and selecting TRANSFERRED.
How do I accept Transferred Tickets from someone?
If you already have an AXS account, the tickets will be transferred to your account automatically. If you do not have an AXS account, you’ll receive an email with instructions to create an AXS account to claim the tickets that have been transferred to you.
Once I have downloaded the AXS App and have an AXS account, do I have to accept the transfer every time? Once you have an account, seats transferred to you will be accepted by your account automatically (no need to accept them manually).
Can seats be transferred to someone who doesn’t have an AXS account?
Yes, but they will need to create an AXS account to claim the tickets. They’ll also need to download the AXS app. When it’s time for the event, they can open the app to show their tickets on their phone.
Can I cancel a transfer?
If your friend already has an AXS account, the tickets will be transferred instantly. Otherwise you have until your friend creates an account to cancel the transfer. Remember, your friends can always transfer tickets back to you.
Selling your Tickets
What is AXS Official Resale and where do the tickets come from?
AXS Official Resale is the safe and easy way to buy and sell AXS tickets with other fans. When fans have tickets they can’t use, they can list them for other fans to buy. Buyers get 100% valid and authentic tickets delivered straight to their AXS accounts, and sellers get paid by direct deposit. If available, you’ll see the option to get tickets with AXS Official Resale on the event page.
AXS Official Resale is the best way to sell your digital tickets because it is the official marketplace endorsed by The Pabst Theater Group. Tickets purchased through unofficial sources (such as third party ticketing sites) may not be valid.
How to sell your tickets:
1. Click the Sell button next to the event in your AXS Account.
2. Select the tickets to sell, and then set your price and selling options.
3. On the Review page, click the List Tickets button to complete your ticket listing.
When your tickets sell, you’ll receive an email informing you of the sale. The tickets will be delivered to the buyer automatically. You’ll be able to transfer money to your bank from your account on AXS.com.
How do I know if I can sell my tickets?
If you see a Sell button next to your tickets in your account, you can sell them. It’s up to the specific artist and/or their management if you can sell tickets or not.
When I sell tickets, do I have to deal with the buyer?
Never. AXS handles payment and delivery so buyers and sellers never interact with each other. Buyers get the tickets delivered straight to their AXS accounts, and sellers get paid by direct deposit.
When does a ticket listing expire?
When listing tickets, you decide how long your listing will be available for others to buy. You can remove your listing at any time (as long as the tickets haven’t sold).
How do I remove a listing?
1. Sign into your AXS Account and click Listings
2. Choose a listing and click Retract
3. Click yes, retract now.
Your tickets will no longer be listed for others to buy.
When I buy tickets through AXS Resale, do I have to interact with the seller?
Never. AXS handles payment and delivery so buyers and sellers never interact with each other. Buyers get tickets delivered straight to their AXS accounts, and sellers get paid by direct deposit.
What if a show is sold out?
As long as there are people who have tickets to sell, AXS Official Resale is the best & safest place to find tickets and the only verified marketplace where fans can connect to buy and sell tickets. AXS is the official ticketing source for The Pabst Theater Group and tickets purchased outside of AXS or www.pabsttheatergroup.com may be fraudulent.
How do tickets sell out so quickly for some shows?
Some shows are extremely popular. These types of shows are highly anticipated and may have literally hundreds, or even thousands of people who want to get tickets right away when they go on sale. The ticketing system processes requests in the order received, but when so many orders are submitted at the same time the difference between getting tickets and not getting them can be a fraction of a second.
Why do better seats sometimes appear later?
When this happens a few minutes after the show first goes on sale – Some online buyers open multiple windows at the same time and select seats in each window. This temporarily “locks” those seats so no one else has access to them. These online buyers then let all the extra windows “time out” so all those seats are released for sale several minutes later. This also happens when customers do not complete their online transactions in the allotted time.
Can I exchange my tickets if better seats become available?
The Pabst Theater Group does not allow refunds or exchanges on purchases. Only in the event of a show being canceled will we offer a full refund.
Why is there a time limit on ticket purchases online?
The time limit prevents people from indefinitely blocking off seats so that no one can get the chance to purchase them. The system selects tickets in real-time and holds them for you. No one else can purchase those tickets while they are held for you. The time limit is based on the normal amount of time it takes to complete a transaction, plus an extra cushion. This reasonable time limit allows others the chance to get the tickets if you let your time expire
Why is there a limit on the number of tickets I can purchase?
Some artists ask us to enforce a ticket purchase limit. However, we are often able to sell discounted tickets to larger groups. For more information please contact us at (414) 242-8200 or email@example.com.
Do I need to buy tickets for children?
Please check the event page for your specific event for the minimum age requirement prior to your purchase of tickets. For most events, all children who have reached their second birthday require a ticket to gain admittance to our venues. Any child who has yet to reach their second birthday does not require a ticket, however, must sit on a parent or guardian’s lap and they may not occupy their own seat.
Please note, that for certain children’s events, all children who have reached their first birthday may require a ticket.
Ticketing Fees Explained
Additional service charges apply to tickets purchased online or by phone. The service charge is roughly 17% of the ticket face value, per ticket. Tickets priced $12 or lower do not have service charges. Service fees can be avoided by purchasing your tickets in person at the box office. Please check our hours of operation before stopping by the box office.
Third-Party Ticketing and Ticket Broker Sites (e.g. Stubhub)
- We are your ONLY official source for tickets at our venues
- We do not encourage our tickets to be resold on any website outside of our ticketing provider, AXS. Tickets that are priced above face value and listed on other websites may be fraudulent.
- Many other websites try to sell tickets without our venues’ and our artists’ authorization. They’ll use our information, logos, charts, and photos of our venues to try to trick buyers into believing that they are selling actual tickets to our shows. Unfortunately, many of these sellers are unscrupulous and are not even selling valid tickets.
- The Pabst Theater Group is not liable for invalid tickets purchased via third-party ticketing sites (such as Stubhub), auction sites (such as eBay), classifieds (such as craigslist), or any ticket broker.
- Tickets cannot be resold within 1500 feet of The Pabst, Riverside, Turner Hall Ballroom, or Colectivo Coffee
- We reserve the right to revoke any tickets sold in violation of our policies. Only a partial refund may be issued to the original buyer
What are eMember presales?
- We often offer password-protected advance purchase opportunities to our eMembers before tickets go on sale to the general public.
- To become an eMember, simply enter your email address into the email address field at the bottom of this page. (We do not sell or share email addresses.) We send a unique password for each new show via email to allow advance purchase.
What does General Admission mean?
- General Admission means that seating or standing areas are not assigned and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis (like in movie theatres).
- Tickets are numbered for General Admission events, but the numbers are only for inventory and do not denote any actual seating or standing locations. Having a ticket for a general admission event guarantees that you’ll be able to attend the event, but it does not guarantee that there will be a seat.
- Due to fire code and capacity restrictions, different levels/areas at each venue may close after the maximum number of patrons have entered those levels/areas.
- Patrons who arrive closer to door time, rather than the start time, for a performance will have a better chance of gaining access to areas closer to the stage and first floor levels.
I’m running late, can I still be seated?
- Latecomers will be seated but may be asked to wait in the lobby until the house manager and/or ushers deem it’s an appropriate time to enter the theater.
- If you have any seating questions or concerns during the performance, please talk to an usher or member of the box office.
What does “Flex Seating” mean?
We reserve sections for patrons with accessibility needs – these sections can have seats removed to fit wheelchairs. When the ADA seats are not needed for a show, they are released as Flex Seating. You’re guaranteed seats within that section, but we can’t tell you exactly which row you’ll end up in based on the ADA needs of other patrons.
What does “Obstructed View” or “Partial Obstruction” mean?
If you are selecting seats and you see the locations are labeled as obstructed, it means the production and stage setup for every show can be different. We often don’t know ahead of time the size or placement of the speakers. In these situations, we label the seats as obstructed because there is a potential that there could be sightline issues that won’t be confirmed until the night of the show. However, in most cases, these seats are not obstructed.
Miscellaneous Ticket Questions
What happens if a show is postponed or cancelled?
If a show is postponed or cancelled we contact all purchasers who gave us contact information. In the event of a postponement, all tickets purchased will be valid for the new date – no exchange required. If a show is cancelled those who purchased tickets through our official channels are entitled to refunds. Those who paid with charge cards will get the refunds processed automatically to the card used for purchase – there is no need to contact us. Those who paid with cash should contact the box office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss refund options.
Ticket Printing and Shipping Options
- Mailed Tickets
- Mailed tickets are sent to any Wisconsin state address or any address in Northern Illinois within two weeks of your purchase.
- We will not mail any tickets out of state except to Northern Illinois.
- Express shipping is also available. Express orders are shipped on the first business day after purchase and typically arrive within two business days
- Will Call
- Will call tickets are held at the box office. A photo ID is required to pick up your tickets.
- If you have a Wisconsin or Northern Illinois ID, you may pick up your will-call tickets during regular box office hours or beginning 2 hours before showtime.
- Out-of-area buyers (those outside of Wisconsin and Northern Illinois) may only pick up their tickets on the day of the performance
- We DO NOT allow third-party exchanges. Only the original purchaser may pick up the tickets
- If you purchased tickets through Groupon or Living Social, your will call order will only be ready 1 hour prior to the show. Advanced pickup is not available for these tickets
- AXS Mobile Tickets
- AXS Mobile tickets are available only for tickets purchased through the AXS ticket system and are viewed using the AXS app on your smartphone.
- The AXS app allows you to buy and manage your ticket orders all within the app, so it’s easy to keep track of all your purchases.
- AXS Mobile tickets use dynamic barcodes for added security and cannot be printed onto paper.
- Print@Home (Etix tickets only)
- Print@Home tickets allow you to print your tickets out on your home printer. A confirmation email will be sent to you after you make your online purchase that includes a link to print out your tickets.
- Print@Home is not an option for out-of-state orders
I don't have my tickets. What do I do?
If you ordered tickets through an official channel such as our website, phone lines, or box office and are eligible to have the tickets mailed or to pick them up ahead of time we can reprint your tickets at any time. Give us a call at (414) 242-8200 or stop by a box office with the photo ID of the purchaser and the charge card used to make the purchase.
I bought tickets through the band's website. Can you tell me more information about my ticket order?
We can answer general questions about any of our shows, but if you have a specific question regarding a ticket order placed through the fan club or artist page, you will need to go through the point of purchase. Most Fan Club ticket orders are only available to pick up at our box office on the night of the show, with a photo ID.
Is there any way we can meet the performer before/after the show?
Unless there’s a specific ticket type involving a meet and greet for sale, we can’t guarantee whether a performer will choose to greet fans before or after a performance. Feel free to contact the box office to inquire about a ticketed meet and greet.
Do I need a parking voucher to enter the parking structure?
Yes, you will need to display your parking pass on your dash for the duration of the time you are parked in the structure.
I wasn't able to find a spot in the structure, what are my options?
You can return your parking pass to us, either at the box office or by mail (144 E Wells Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202) for a refund of your money.
I've parked underneath the Milwaukee Center for a Pabst show, do you validate?
- No. We don’t have any agreement in place with the parking structure beneath our building.
- Our vouchers cover parking within the structures at MAC Structure at 777 N. Milwaukee St. (for Pabst Theater shows), Gimbels Structure at 555 N. Plankinton Ave (for Riverside Theater shows), Edison Lot at 1301 N. Edison Street (for Turner Hall shows) and US Bank – Farwell Lot at 2303 N. Farwell Ave (for Colectivo shows).
I already have tickets but would like to add a parking voucher, can I do this on your site?
To add parking to an existing ticket order, please call our box office directly at 414-242-8200. Alternately, in advance of the show, you can buy a parking pass for the date and venue of your event. Display this on your dashboard when parking.
I can't find the parking pass I bought, am I able to pick up a replacement?
Unfortunately, unlike misplaced tickets, replacement parking passes are only available by purchase; If you’ve misplaced your voucher, feel free to email us at email@example.com in advance of the show and we’ll have replacements available for you to purchase at will call.
The box office is closed for the night. Can I still buy parking on the way into the show?
No. You will need to display your parking pass on your dashboard upon entry of the structure for the duration of the time you are parked.
Box Office Hours of Operation
What are your box office hours?
- The Pabst box office is open Tuesday-Friday from Noon - 6 pm and 2 hours prior to show time on the day of an event.
- The Riverside box office is open on event days only starting at 12pm.
- The Turner Hall Ballroom and Colectivo box offices open two hours before the start time for each performance.
Lost & Found
Do you have a lost and found?
Yes – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, item details, and the show/venue it was lost at and we will try to reunite you with your belongings. Lost items will be held for no longer than 30 days. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Cameras, Video & Audio Recording Devices
Video cameras, monopods, tripods, audio recording devices, and cameras with telephoto or zoom lenses, including SLR’s, are not permitted inside Pabst/Riverside/Turner Hall/Colectivo Coffee at any time. This policy will be strictly enforced. You may use a camera phone or small, point and shoot device, however, cameras of any type may be prohibited from some events altogether.
Flash Photography inside Pabst/Riverside/Turner Hall/Colectivo Coffee is prohibited at all times. Flash photography is not only distracting to the performers, but to your fellow patrons as well.
SMALL PURSES ONLY, PLEASE. PURSES ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH
To efficiently create a positive and safe experience for all patrons, only small purses (13″W x 4″D x 9″H and smaller) are allowed into the theater and all are subject to search.
All other bags including backpacks and oversized purses are strictly prohibited and bag storage is NOT available at The Pabst, The Riverside, Miller High Life Theater, Turner Hall Ballroom or The Back Room @ Colectivo.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE PROHIBITED AND ARE NOT ALLOWED INTO ANY OF THE VENUES.
Weapons, knives, laser pens, signs, banners, flags, electronic smoking devices (vapes, Juuls, etc.), oversized bags, self-defense sprays, backpacks, outside food and beverages including water, cans, bottles, alcohol, illegal substances, iPads/tablets, selfie sticks, laptops, professional audio recording devices (unless approved by artist), and any professional photography equipment. The use of vape pens inside the venues are prohibited as well.
PLAN AHEAD: LEAVE YOURSELF EXTRA TIME
Plan to arrive 30 minutes before you want to be in your seat to allow time to go through our security check. Please leave large bags at home or in your car.
We are not responsible for any personal property that is lost, stolen, or damaged.
Thank you for helping to make all of our events efficient, enjoyable and safe for all.
Are refreshments offered?
Our bars at the Pabst, Riverside, and Turner Hall begin serving when doors open at any given show. Drinks are sold throughout performances. And yes, you can bring your drink into the theater with you. We do not serve food on-premise.
ADA Seating / Disabled Services
I have a disability. Do you offer assistance?
The Pabst Theater Group aims to provide comfortable and accessible seating for all of our guests. Please visit our ADA overview page or call the box office directly (414) 242-8200 for assistance with accessibility needs (please leave a message on our voicemail if no one answers. We will return your call within one business day).
I noticed that the show I’m going to is general admission. How will this affect my ability to secure ADA seating?
We’re able to accommodate disabled patrons at all of our shows. All three of our venues have accessible entrances and accessible seating, as well as elevators. Call the box office or send an email to email@example.com, and someone on our staff will happily explain to you what we’ll do to assist you.
How To Order ADA / Special Needs Seating
View our Accessibility/ADA page.
Terms & Conditions
- No refunds. No exchanges. We reserve the right to change the method of delivery to Will Call (pick-up at the box office) at any time after purchase. If we make this change the ticket(s) may be picked up within 2 hours of the show’s start time and a photo ID and the charge card used for the purchase will be required to claim the ticket.
- Tickets may not be resold for any amount above face value outside of the AXS Mobile App. If the ticket is found to be offered for resale we may invalidate the barcode, refund the ticket price less a restocking charge, and the purchaser will forfeit all fees. Physical tickets may not be resold within 1500 feet of the venue.
- All performances, performers, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
- Everyone, regardless of age, must have a ticket to be admitted into the venue.
- Ticketholders are admitted subject to the following stipulations:
- This is a revocable license for admittance
- The venue and/or promoter may be the exclusive owner of the copyright for this performance
- All attendees grant unrestricted rights & licenses for use of their likenesses in any form of public broadcast or reproduction
- We reserve the right to search all persons, packages, and bags entering the premises
- We reserve the right to refuse admission or eject anyone from the premises due to disorderly behavior without issuing a refund
- Only the venue may determine which is the valid ticket if multiple copies are found.
- All venue policies and procedures are subject to change without notice.
- WARNING! You are at YOUR OWN RISK with respect to the dangers incidental to the event.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed in any of our venues, whether concealed or carried openly.
Enjoy the show!
If you still have questions after checking the FAQ, please contact the box office directly.